In light of this week’s events in Florida, we’d like to share some information with you. Avondale Elementary’s School safety and the District’s support of school safety is as follow:
- The District’s Public Safety Department utilizes a Threat Assessment Protocol to investigate, analyze, and review any threat made against a school or the District;
- Avondale Elementary has drills to practice for situations when intruders may enter the building;
- Avondale Elementary has a set protocol for visitor access into the building;
- Exterior doors remain locked at all times and visitors have to be buzzed in.
- Security cameras have been upgraded as well as new cameras have been added to cover previous blind spots.
- The District has added two canine units to the Public Safety Department;
- Teachers and Staff know and follow the Safe School Plan in the event of an emergency.
We want to reassure our parents that the safety and well-being of children and staff is a top priority.
Dr. Donate Andrews | AES Principal
Dr. Candace Sagers | AES Assistant Principal