If you picture the PTA as a small group of parents who meet occasionally to plan bake sales, THINK AGAIN! We are an active and thriving group of parents who work with the school to ensure that student, teacher, and parent needs are met. With recent cuts to our school’s funding, we are needed now, more than ever, to fill those gaps in the budget!
What Does the PTA Do?
The role of the local PTA is to build strong working relationships among students, staff, and families to support our students. The PTA:
- Provides enhanced learning opportunities for all students.
- Supports character development based upon the belief that every student is REMARKABLE.
- Promotes health initiatives that focus on improved nutrition, increased physical activity and safety education.
- Recruits volunteers for programs within our school; coordinates volunteers for special events.
- Organizes parent educational workshops and seminars.
- Plans staff activities.
- Provides special recognition ceremonies.
- Assists our parents with matters related to day-to-day living concerns.
- Mediates and provides a neutral opinion when conflict occurs in school.
- Raises the requisite funds to support these programs.
- And more!
AES PTA meetings serve as a forum to solve a variety of educational issues and create beneficial connections within our community. These relationships all work together to build a great TEAM!
We encourage all parents, teachers, volunteers, and our community to become a member of the Avondale Elementary PTA. Your family membership of $10.00 shows a commitment to the future of our school. While some members do not have the free time to volunteer, their membership fee is vital. Every dollar can and will have a positive impact on every student!
Why Join the PTA?
The #1 reason to join the AES Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child, as well as our school’s community. Plus. . .
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at Avondale Elementary!
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents, as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions provide the opportunity to meet other parents and teachers while building rapport and discussing issues of the day. We welcome your ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. Put your skills and hobbies to good use for a noble cause – your child and the children in our community.
- Speak Up. Your PTA membership can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. You’ll be part of the solution by creating positive change. Our PTA supports improvement through advocacy and fundraising for curriculum-based programs and events.
- Be a Role Model. Demonstrate the importance you place on education for your child.
Join us! Become a member of the Avondale Elementary School PTA!
1. Download and complete the PTA Membership Application.
2. Return the completed form with $10 to the Front Office at AES.
3. That’s it!
An online application and payment option is COMING SOON!
Everyone – parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities – is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.